So I mentioned that I bought a stand mixer the other day. Well, it arrived and so far I have made 2 batches of challah using the dough hook (NEVER kneading dough again!) as well as a batch of cinnamon muffins and on Friday I made an apple and banana bread/muffin recipe.
I have absolutely no idea what prompted me to add apples into the mix but I’m glad I did. They were amazing!
- 3 large grated or finely chopped apples (I used 2 green and 1 red and left the skin on)
- 3 large ripe or overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups sugar (I used sugar replacement)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I didn't have so didn't add and it was absolutely fine)
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease 2 loaf pans or like I did, 1 loaf pan and 2-3 muffin trays (12-18 muffins).
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Mix well, ensuring all the flour is incorporated.
- Separate batter into the desired pans and place in the oven.
- For loafs, bake for about 1 hour.
- For muffins bake for between 30 minutes and 45 minutes.
- The original recipe called for half a cup chopped nuts and half a cup raisins. I had neither on hand so didn't add them and the recipe came out fine. You could also add craisins or even chocolate chips to this recipe and it would be delicious.