On Saturday, my 1st born, my son, my little munchkin boy turned 4.
We had an absolute blast at his party yesterday and today was his birthday ring at playschool (the last one there, next one will be at nursery school).
Here are some pics from this morning
We started off great!
And then it went downhill… My cakes didn’t rise! I was so upset I couldn’t even take photos!!
So instead of wasting cream cheese icing on two flat cakes I just made some plain icing.
I also decorated with these fantastic silver balls and silver coated chocolate buttons!
Lets just call this a warm up round… I promise RoRo, I will make a better cake during the week!
Aaron and I spent the morning Norwood Mall, we went shopping and then spent just over an hour playing at the play place.
We came home and after running wild Aaron had a nap and then we met my mom for lunch at Grand Central in Melrose Arch.
We then proceeded to Angel’s birthday party where Aaron and I spent a good hour or so in the pool with the tons of kids while Paul took photos and mingled. There were a whole lot people there, quite a few from twitter and the blog world. I wish I had more time to sit and chat to everyone but Aaron was determined to spend every minute in the pool and when we got out of the pool threw the MOTHER OF ALL TANTRUMS!!!! So we went home earlier than we would have liked…
I think we will be forever known as the parents of that boy who threw the MOTHER OF ALL TANTRUMS!!!!
Here are some pics that Paul took…
My baby is 2! I cant really believe it. Where a has the time gone?
Just over two years ago he was here…
and he looked like this…
Then, on the night of the 4th of November, I went to bed at about 11pm, I got up to go to the bathroom a few times and at about 1am on the 5th of November, after getting up for the umpteenth time, my water broke.
Paul had only got to bed at midnight and it took a while for him to wake up, I think the rough shake to his shoulder and the “Paul, my waters broke, the baby is coming!” finally did the trick.
For the next half hour it was like something out of a movie, Paul ran around like a headless chicken and we made calls to the hospital and tried to finish packing my hospital bag.
You see, Aaron decided that he didn’t want to wait for the end of the month, he had had enough and decided that 4 weeks early was when he would be joining us. My bags were not really packed, I had just started my maternity leave and his room wasn’t finished, I hadnt had my hair done, or waxed my bits. I was scheduled for a c-section in two weeks time and thought that I had plenty time to finish everything off…
We got to the hospital and settled in at about 3am. At 6 am I recieved my spinal and by 6:30am on 5th November Aaron Baruch Jacobson was born.
In our excitement Paul forgot to take a camera into the theatre (or even his cell phone) so we didnt get any pics of Aaron straight after he was born but we sure made up for it…
And then he turned 1!
And now, now he is 2!!!!
In honour of my birthday on Monday, here are 30 things you may or may not find interesting about me…
1. By the age of one I could speak in full sentences.
2. I was born bald and only really got hair around my second birthday.
3. I was an only child until just before my seventh birthday when Matt was born (Cliff was born 15 months to the day later).
4. I used to dance ballet, modern and tap.
5. I broke my nose in standard 5 jumping on a trampoline.
6. The only thing I hate more than snakes is lizards, they are snakes with legs…
7. I have a ‘thing’ for vampires.
8. I was that kid in primary school that everyone teased, sometimes affectionately.
9. I never finished varsity.
10. My first job was working in a toy store, I think I lasted a month.
11. I can sing, badly.
12. I could never be a vegetarian, I love meat too much.
13. I could have done better at school but I was too lazy.
14. I am very uncoordinated, I drop things a lot, ask Paul.
15. I tell people I am 5 foot but really Im shorter than that. Just.
16. I spent just over 8 months on a kibbutz in Israel.
17. I tell myself stories when Im lying in bed to put myself to sleep.
18. I almost always fall asleep after Paul.
19. I can read a novel in about 3 days, I don’t speed read.
20. I love salt!
21. I had naturally blonde hair as a child.
22. I have died my hair pretty much every colour except black.
23. I hate wearing make up.
24. I dont like touching anything fluffy (mohair, lint from the tumble dryer etc…)
25. I gag at the thought of wet paper.
26. I have been held at gunpoint in my own home, been smash and grabbed and been hijacked.
27. I LOVE South Africa.
28. One day I will live in Israel, maybe sooner rather than later.
29. I am beginning to be happy with who I am, I am a work in progress and thats ok.
30. The thing I love the most in the whole world is my family!
Where to start…
At the beginning…
2nd Aug – my brother-in-laws’ birthday
9th Aug – Lola Montez evening
17th Aug – my birthday
18th Aug – Bingo Evening in support of Nachama Bereavement Centre
23rd Aug – my moms birthday and our party
31st Aug – holiday at The Nest (ok so this one really goes into September, sue me!)
I think there may be more that I am missing but these are the big events.