Paul bought a bunch of bananas from Pick n Pay yesterday. Problem was, half of them were over ripe and bruised.
So what else is one supposed to but make banana bread…
- 3 or 4 ripe/over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (This was the last time I will use store bought vanilla, from now on I will be using my home made vanilla extract)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Using a wooden spoon, mix together the mashed banana and melted butter.
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold into the wet ingredients.
- Spray a loaf tin with Spray and Cook and spoon mixture into the tin.
- Bake for about 1 hour.