When I was a kid I went to a holiday cooking school. We made the best recipes ever. Easy, tasty and quick.
I kept an A4 book of all my recipes. Somewhere along the line, between moving from one place to another I lost my recipe book.
I have never been able to reproduce the blonde brownies I made from that book. Until now!
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter or margerine
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Semi sweet chocolate morsals (I dont add these, I think the brownies are good as is but if you want to make them a bit chocolaty this is the way to go)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Spray and cook a swiss roll pan (I dont have a swiss roll pan so I use one of my roasting pans, sssshhhhh dont tell)
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the sugar and butter and beat until combines.
- Add sugar mixture to the flour and fold together.
- The mixture will now be somewhere between a cake mixture and a doughy cookie mixture.
- Scrape the dough into your prepared pan and spread it out. It doesnt have to be very thick but should be an even thickness throughout.
- Bake for 20 – 25 min.
- Leave to cool slightly and cut into squares or rectangles depending on how big you want the pieces.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea 🙂