I have a Goodreads account and this year I decided to take part in the reading challenge.
I set myself what I thought was a decent challenge of 100 books to read in 2017. And then promptly smashed through it at the end of April, so I increased it to 250 books.
Some info on my reading habits:
- I read mostly romance, fantasy and sci-fi with some chic-lit and comedy thrown in.
- My average book in 2016 was 232 pages.
- My average reading time per book is 2-3 days.
- Although on the weekend I can read 2-4 books in 2 days.
- I read on the Kindle app on my phone (and now on my iPad since I had the screen replaced).
- I read pretty much everywhere, at the bus stop, waiting for the rice to cook, waiting for the bath to run, in the line at the grocery store, at the park while the kids play, if I have a minute here or there I am reading.
- I do NOT read on the bus (major motion sickness) or in the bath (major klutz).
- I’ve been known to read right through the night and go to work without sleeping.
- Because of my voracious reading habits I tend to use BookBub to find free or really cheap books from Amazon.
- Even though most of my books come free, I am more than happy to purchase an entire series or other books by an author (at full price) if I enjoy the freebie.
- I also try and leave reviews wherever I can.
- I am part of a 7000+ member secret (or not so secret) book club on Facebook.
- I also review books for the member authors of the above book club.
All that being said, I am going to go back to putting up book reviews on my blog so keep your eyes peeled for some interesting reads.