Yesterday I met up with some twitter ladies at the Irene Dairy Farm.
What a lovely place. The kids had a blast!
I didnt take any photos because we were all having so much fun I didnt even think about taking my phone out…
What I did do is buy some of their famous fresh cream.
OMG! How delish… Think and yummy, I just had to make some fresh scones this morning to go with it.
I found the scone recipe over here, I love this site, they deliver exactly what they promise: A South African guide to simple, tasty recipes!
- 2 x cups sifted flour
- ½ x teaspoon salt
- 4 x teaspoons baking powder
- 2 x tablespoons marge
- ¾ x cup milk
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Mix together until they form a loose dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed for a few minutes.
- Flatten the dough out and cut rounds using a glass.
- Bake at 240ºC for about 7 minutes – I didnt read that properly and baked for about 10 minutes at 180°C.
Enjoy with fresh cream and a dollop of strawberry jam 🙂