So, I fell off the #writersbootcampZA bandwagon, life is just way too hectic at the moment to be blogging everyday, as much I want to. I may go back and revisit the topics and do them at my leisure though.
Last night, while lying next to Faith at bed time, I told her I love her. She said, “I love you mommy” back to me. A minute later she pipes up, “Mommy, what does love mean?”
I thought for a moment, what does love mean, when I say I love her or she says she loves me?
I told her that it means that the person you love is in your heart all the time. That she fills up my heart and that is why I tell her I love her.
She thought for a moment and then said, “And I am in daddy’s heart too!”
ExMi and Tertia both posted their 10 things recently (or not so recently, I probably just read them recently) and I thought I would have a go…
In no particular order:
1. He ‘gets’ me! He gets my sense of humor and my eccentricities. I never have to explain myself, well, very rarely.
2. We ‘speak’ in gestures, with just a few hand signs and facial expressions we can have a whole conversation.
3. He is a geek. A complete and utter nerd. I love that about him, I love that he is so into his computer and gadgets, it drives me nuts sometimes but everyday he teaches me something new.
4. Sci-fi! We both LOVE sci-fi! We clicked on our first date when we discussed the utter uselessness of Star Trek Nemesis and how it really sullied the Star Trek franchise. I also love the fact that we have watched each and every episode of Stargate SG1 and Stargate: Atlantis together and are eagerly anticipating the new Stargate: Universe series.
5. He puts up with all my shit. And there is a lot of shit!
6. He doesnt let me get away with my shit.
7. He gave me Aaron… He made this utterly unique and amazing child. With me!
8. He understands and totally agrees with me when I say his mom is ‘The’ mother-in-law. He sticks up for me and takes my side always.
9. His genuine affection for my grandparents. They can be difficult and tiresome but he never shrugs them off, he always makes the time to help them out or just to listen to what they have to say.
10. His absolute love for me. I know that I take him for granted sometimes and I can kick myself for that. I am so lucky to have a man that loves me so much!