I was given a KRUPS ice cream churner for my birthday and have been making the most amazing ice cream ever since.
Before I give you the recipe, please note that though making home made ice cream is very easy, it is time consuming and is not something that can be made on a whim. It takes at least 48 hours to make.
- 250ml full cream milk (I use 2%)
- 125ml double cream (I use 250g regular cream)
- 2 egg yolks
- 88g caster sugar
- 100g large marshmallows.
- 50g small marshmallows
- 100g marshmallow fluff.
- Bring milk and cream just below boiling in a pan. Mixture must steam but not boil.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks and sugar.
- Slowly add hot milk to egg mixture, stirring to ensure eggs don’t scramble.
- Return to pan and heat to steaming again.
- Stir large marshmallows into milk mixture until melted.
- Allow mixture to cool before placing in fridge for a minimum of 6 hours (12 hours is ideal).
- Once cool pour mixture into churner and churn as per instructions. If you don’t have a churner place in freezer proof dish and freeze, mix occasionally to disperse ice crystals.
- Once churned fold in small marshmallows and fluff.
- Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
This particular recipe made about 1 litre of ice cream once it was churned.