I wanted to try something different tonight. Wendi mentioned a recipe for chicken with olives and figs but couldnt find the recipe she had. I did a google search and couldnt find a olive and fig chicken recipe that I liked so I just made one up. Which is kind of what this blog is all about…
- 1 x pack chicken portions (8 pieces)
- 1 x bag/tin pitted black olives
- 1 x bag/tin figs, I used tinned figs in syrup but I think fresh or dried figs would work just as well.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Red wine
- All spice
- Place chicken pieces skin side up in a pyrex or similar oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle spices over the chicken.
- Pour stock over the chicken.
- Add a splash of red wine.
- Drain figs and olives and place on top of the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with a lid or with heavy duty tin foil.
- Place in a 180°C oven for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Uncover and turn chicken pieces over, cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken skin side up and continue cooking uncovered until chicken is brown.
Serve with rice or couscous
This turned out really really well. The chicken literally fell off the bones. The olives and figs were delish and there was plenty of sauce to spoon over the rice. I will definitely make this again!