Tanya once again sent me a too good to be true recipe. So good in fact that all of her muffins were eaten before she could take a photo.
So I decided that I couldnt post the recipe without giving you a photo and I whipped up a batch this evening.
When Tanya says that it takes 10 min to prep and 20 min to bake she wasnt lying.
Quick and yummy, my idea of good food!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 200g red pepper (Tanya doesn’t eat peppers so she substituted for 200g ham, or bacon, a bit of onion or spring onion etc… the options are endless!)
- 100g chopped mushrooms
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 whole eggs
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 350ml skim milk
- Non-Stick Spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add in the mushrooms, spices, parsley and grated cheese.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined, the mixture should still look lumpy.
- Spoon into a muffin tin that has been coated with non-stick spray and bake in a 200°C oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn onto a wire rack to cool and serve.
They smelled so good that I had to take one straight out the oven, slice it open, slather it in butter and eat it up. I burned my fingers adn my tongue but boy was it worth it!
Oh, Tanya said it makes 12, I managed to get 22 muffins but not all of them were the same size. So be prepared to use 2 muffin trays.