So I called my dermatologist last week (I hadnt seen him in 6 years!) and was told that the first available appointment was in January. 2013!
His receptionist gave me some numbers of other dermos that they recommend and I called around. The earliest appointment any of them could give me was April!
I took one.
In the mean time he actually called me and consulted over the phone, he recommended I keep my April appointment and put me on his waiting list.
The next day the doctor I had the April appointment with called and said that I could come the next day as they had a cancellation. I grabbed it!
The reason I wanted to see the dermo is explained in this post. Go take a look and come back here.
My lovely new dermo suggested I go on a low dose of Roaccutane to sort out my face first. The HS may or may not be effected by the Roaccutane but we will only be able to tell after the four month course. If it doesn’t clear up the HS we may have to do a stronger dose for another four months.
I am so happy we may finally have a permanent solution to this. I am also very very aware of all the side effects to the Roaccutane and am willing to risk them. These skin issues have been around for over 20 years. TWENTY YEARS of dealing with this on and off and I have finally had enough.
So here is hoping to a permanent fix! Wish me luck!