Woolies had a large (and I mean LARGE) punnet of strawberries for sale to day. Of course I bought it. But what to do with them?
I googled ‘strawberry salad’ cause I need to take a salad with to my mom in law for dinner tonight and I came across this simple fresh salad, I immediately pinned it and turned it into reality.
- Lettuce (I used a bulk bag of crispy lettuce, ready washed etc from Woolies)
- Red onion (I had bought a little bag of ready sliced red onion from Woolies. Gd bless you!!!)
- Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Fresh mint, chopped (this I got from around the tap next to my back door, yum)
- Pecan nuts (I left these out, cause well, I didnt have any…)
- Quarter cup olive oil
- Third of a cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Toss lettuce, onion, strawberry and mint together in a salad bowl.
- Blend together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
I kept the dressing separate for each person to add for themselves but Im sure you could just toss the dressing over before serving.