I found a recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it out tonight.
OMG! That is all!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I used a Pick n Pay Finest ganache which was really really yummy and decadent but I would like to try with the choc chips to see what its like)
- Enough salty cracker (I used Tuk biscuits but next time I will definitely use a ‘stronger’ cracker) to cover the bottom of a baking tray or jelly roll pan
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line the baking tray with foil and spray/grease the foil.
- Place crackers over the foil in a single layer.
- Melt butter and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and allow the mixture to simmer and thicken. Keep stirring the whole time so it doesnt burn.
- Pour the mixture over the crackers and bake for 10 min.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the toffee and allow to melt, spread in an even layer. (or pour the ganache and spread it around to cover the toffee layer)
- Refrigerate until set.
- Peal the foil of and break into pieces.
P.s. Try not to go into a sugar coma!