- 900g baby tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 20ml (weigh less) olive oil
- 900ml chicken stock (I used oxtail – didn’t have anything else)
- 20g Fresh chopped basil (i didn’t have, so just used about a tablespoon of dry italian herbs)
- 5ml (weigh less) balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half, place on baking tray cut side up.
- Also pop the 4 cloves of garlic on the tray
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper
- *Since I wasn’t using fresh basil, I sprinkled my dry herbs on too – fresh basil comes later tho*
- Roast at 195degrees for an hour.
- In the mean time, i prepared my 900ml of stock, and added balsamic vinegar to the stock.
- Once the tomatoes & garlic are roasted (divine smell!!) take them out, pop the stock mixture, the roasted tomatoes/garlic into a blender *now would be when you add the fresh basil if you using it*
- Blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of feta before serving! A slice of crusty bread would be perfect too!
Serves 4 and each portion counts as 2 Veg and 1 Fat.
The recipe says serve hot or cold!
Easy, healthy, tasty, quick! Winner!