I have a weakness for the chocolate covered peanut butter balls from Moo-z Bros.
I also have no money at the moment because UIF are pusswanks!
What I do have are the ingredients to make peanut butter balls…
I googled recipes and found this one on the Rice Krispies site.
Of course I didnt really stick to it 100% but I think they came out pretty well.
Here is my recipe (I once again forgot to take pics of the process…)
- 1 cup ( I used half a jar) smooth peanut butter (they use crunchy but smooth works well)
- ¼ cup marge
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate morsels (I used 1 85gms bar of bitter sweet chocolate, I should have used 2)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening/Holsum (thanks @Saaleha) ( I didnt have any so I used margerine)
- 54 mini paper cups (I used 2 baking trays covered with wax paper)
- Beat peanut butter, marge and sugar with an electric beater until well mixed. I used a fork and elbow grease as I didnt want to wake the kids up, next time I will use an electric beater!
- Add rice krispies, mixing well. At this point I want to say that I would have crushed the rice krispies a bit before adding them in but I think if you use the electric beaters it might just crush them for you as you mix, I will definitely try this next time.
- Taking a teaspoon scoop up a small dollop of the mixture and shape into a ball, they then say to place the ball into the paper cup, I just plopped them onto the wax paper baking trays.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave or on double boiler.
- Spoon one teaspoon of chocolate mixture over each ball. My mixture was a bit thick, perhaps with shortening it would have been thinner, and it didnt pour very easily. Also, if you dont use the paper cups I would suggest dipping the balls into the chocolate to coat them (which I didnt do).
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
All in all they came out quite well. I cant stop stuffing my face!
I would definitely prefer the krispies to be a little finer and less ‘lumpy’ in the mixture and I will either use the paper cups or dip the whole ball into chocolate next time. I will also be getting some Holsum as I think the texture will be better for the chocolate.
18 Replies to “Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls or… Yummy in my Tummy!”
Those look and sound just divine!!! Quick question though, what is “semi sweet chocolate morses”? I want to try and make this.
You get them in the baking isle, they are little chocolate bits that are used for melting or decorating, they come in all flavour of chocolate. I just used a chocolate bar I had lying around 🙂
Ahhhhhhh goramit! I meant morsels… not morses O_o Will correct that now, I need an editor 😉
*giggles* Ok cool. I got me a whole bag of them chocolate “morsels” at home 😀
That dollop of choc on top caps it something wonderful:)
This sounds like a very dangerous treat to have in one’s kitchen.
Tell me about it!! 🙂
Those look divine! I’m so lazy to cook/bake/even go into the kitchen but I may make an exception.
ok, so i expect a batch as a welcome back to work present on monday…….
Oh this looks like pure bliss.
Those Moo’z biscuits are divine!! I love them
How did your’s match up?
Might give it a try, you’ve given me a craving 🙂
My oath that looks sweet!
Um, these are fat free, hey? :p
Of course they are fat free, would I publish anything that would be bad for my readers???
OMG! I have been thinking how there are no peanut butter candies/cookies here in SA! I was just about to make some “buckeyes” (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/buckeyes-i/Detail.aspx) for the first time. I might have to try your recipe too !
I will NOT write down this recipe and I will NOT attempt to make it! I live alone and adore peanutbutter and chocolate…guess who is going to eat it all?? that’s right! the little man that lives in my fridge…pfffft *refuses to write down recipe* 😛
Thats ok, no need to write it down, its here for you whenever you want it *looks all innocent*
That looks absolutely delicious!