I am a soft cheese lover of note! I cannot get enough of Brie and Camembert cheese and will eat it until I make myself sick.
So when Tanya mailed me her recipe and pictures I let out the hugest ‘squeeeeeee’ ever. Im off to the shops after work to get the ingredients 🙂
A simple recipe that is totally delicious if you love cheese!
- 1 wheel of Camembert cheese
- Small amount of white wine of your choice
- Fresh Garlic (either a clove of garlic, or I used crushed garlic from woolies)
- Fresh Herbs – thyme or rosemary etc
- Ramekins of approximately the same size of your wheel of Camembert
- Preheat oven to 180
- Pop the wheel of cheese into the ramekin… I had to squash mine in quite a bit
- Poke cheese with a fork
- Push a clove of garlic into the cheese… since i used crushed garlic, i basically just wiped a teaspoon in the tub of garlic and then smeared it onto the cheese… just very little as I didn’t want to be stinky the next day!
- Stick the fresh herbs into the cheese
- Pour the white wine over the cheese. You need very very little. Probably only 2-5 tablespoons – depending on the size of your ramekin
- Pop the lids onto your ramekins (or cover with foil)
- Put on a baking tray (in case of leakage!) and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- In the mean time, slice up some crusty French loaf
- When the cheese is done, remove from oven, take out the stalks of herbs, and the clove of garlic if you used one…
- Use your fresh bread to stir it up and enjoy your own little cheese pot!
- Be careful of the hot ramekins though!
note one wheel of Camembert may be slightly too much for one person as it is quite rich , so I’d suggest sharing one portion between two people… or if you have hungry people, one portion per person could do!
2 Replies to “Baked Camembert in White Wine”
Oh my word! I just had some deep friend camembert- so good. I once bought it didn’t like it cold, so threw it in with my mashed potatoes. Best ever.