My favourite part of Purim is eating hamantaschen with mon (poppy seeds) but since not everyone likes poppy seeds I decided to try my hand at making a Nutella hamantaschen.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter or margerine
- Your choice of filling (you can use a poppy seed mixture, chocolate spread, jam or nuts)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix in eggs and butter (I melted the butter slightly in the microwave).
- Mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough and cut out large rounds.
- Transfer the rounds to a greased baking tray and place a teaspoon of your filling in the middle.
- Fold your circle on three ‘sides’ and pinch together to create a triangular parcel, leaving the middle open so you can see the filling.
- Bake for 15 – 20min or until golden brown in a 180°C oven.