My darling friend Roro in Israel made this delicious soup today for lunch. Since its so cold over there she served it hot but I think it would make a yummy cold soup served with toasted French bread slices for summer too.
Recipe as is, from Ro.
- 1 Onion chopped up (I use red)
- 5 Carrots peeled and sliced into rounds
- Root of fresh ginger (or as much as you would like)
- 4 Spoons honey
- Orange juice of 1 orange (I just cut up the orange and add it in)
- Lemon rind
- 1 litre water
- Salt and Pepper
- Fry onions in butter/olive oil until golden brown
- Add ginger and carrots and cook for five minutes
- Add honey, juice and lemon rinds
- Add water and salt and pepper and cook until carrots are tender.
- Take off heat and blend