My mom brought a veritable sweet shop with her when she arrived in Israel, Chomps, Tex, Smarties and of course Peppermint Crisp.
I remember biting off the ends of the Peppermint Crisp and sucking milk through it like a straw as a kid. Good times.
So while mom is here we decided to make a Peppermint Crisp Tart for pudding.
- 1 tub whipping cream
- 1 can caramel (or make your own by boiling a can of condensed milk. In Israel I used a tub of ready made dulce de leche)
- 1 packet of coconut biscuits (Tennis biscuits in SA, in Israel I used vanilla petit biscuits)
- Milk for soaking biscuits
- 1 large slab of Peppermint Crisp,crumbled. (Any peppermint flavoured chocolate would do)
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks
- Dip the biscuits briefly in the milk and place in a single layer on the bottom of a large square/rectangular dish
- Cover the biscuits with a layer of caramel
- Sprinkle half the crumbled Peppermint Crisp over the caramel layer
- Add another layer of dipped biscuits
- Add another layer of caramel
- Cover with a thick layer of whipped cream
- Sprinkle the remaining Peppermint Crisp over the top of the cream
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve
- You can mix a bit of the caramel into some of the cream and include a layer of caramel cream in the middle of the tart.