Last night, while scavenging the freezer for something to make for dinner, I found a turkey breast tucked away in the back of a draw.
I forgot I had it and we haven’t had turkey in a while so there was all kinds of excitement.
Except… I always make turkey breast in a tomato and red wine sauce and that sounded boring. So I created a new recipe.
Sweet Chili Turkey
Write a review
- 1 large turkey breast. Mine was skinless and boneless but it would work with skin too.
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili flakes
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a pirex dish or oven proof dish with a lid, place the turkey breast skin side up if you are using one with skin.
- layer the onion around and on top of the turkey.
- Sprinkle the garlic and sweet chili over the top of the breast.
- Drizzle the oil and lemon juice to taste over the breast.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- If you use a breast with skin, remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes so the skin gets crispy.
- The turkey came out moist and delicious and the lemon juice and olive oil made a nice sauce to pour over rice or couscous.
A Bit of This A Bit of That https://gnatj.com/