Yes, I know it’s usually 40 before 40. But I know me, that will never happen, even if its 40 small things.
I would be lying if I said I wasn’t freaked out. I am. Totally. Freaked. Out.
I don’t know why. I still feel like I’m in my 20’s. My skin thinks it’s in my teens. My body is definitely closer to 40 than I would like it to be. But all in all, I don’t *feel* like I’m almost 40.
So in pre-celebration, I think I will attempt a 6 before 40, 1 a month for the next 6 months. In no particular order…
- Get out and run. At least 2 or 3 times a week for 20 minutes or so. With the aim of running another 5km race at some point in the next 6 months.
- Get a new ear piercing, either an Upper Lobe, Helix or a Tragus, or maybe a combo.
- Get a massage. A full body, hour and a half, including reflexology, massage. I haven’t had one of those in years and I miss it.
- Buy a pair of high heels. I’ve not worn, nor owned a pair of heels in at least 6 years. I want a pair of really pretty, delicate, fancy heels.
- Spend a night at a hotel on my own. Just me, room service and my Kindle.
- Start my pallet herb garden on my balcony, those pallets have been sitting there for almost 2 years, its time!
So, those are my goals. Maybe not anything too exciting, but nothing that is out of my reach either.
Today you are 40 Hubband. I’m married to a 40 year old. The best 40 year old out there. So I though I would tell you 40 things I love about you.
- How much bigger than me you are.
- Your smile.
- Your wicked sense of humour.
- That you love our kids so much.
- That you check on them each night before you get into bed.
- Your glasses. My very own Clark Kent.
- When you hold my hand.
- Your hugs.
- How excited you get about new Star Wars/Star Trek/Avengers/geek movies.
- That you don’t let me get away with my shit.
- Except sometimes you do.
- That you let me sleep in.
- And make me coffee.
- That you wash dishes.
- And clean the bathrooms.
- That you know more about music than I do and have introduced me to so much new stuff.
- That you went for dance lessons for our wedding.
- Your photography, its magical.
- Sitting on the couch watching TV together.
- Those moments when you know exactly what I’m thinking.
- How you encourage our children in whatever their passions are.
- That you’re reading Charlie & The Chocolate Factory with the kids (and loving the story as much as they are).
- How into technology you are.
- And how you encourage me to try new tech when you try it.
- And encourage me to try new things in general.
- How much you love ice cream.
- And that look of disappointment you get when its finished, like a kid all over again.
- Your legs, you have the best legs.
- That you love my cooking.
- And my baking.
- The way you light up when you see an injustice being done and know you can fix it.
- Your writing.
- Your eyes, those blue eyes.
- Your sense of fairness.
- The fact that you draw.
- That every day you choose to walk our life path with me, together.
- That you said we can get a dog.
- Your ADD (yes, I even love your squirrels).
- The fact you take 20 minutes when you brush your teeth.
- That you love me, just as I am.