This is the second time I have made this cake and it is phenomonawesome!
- ½ cup margerine, softened
- 2 cups sugar (I used a sugar replacement so this is supposedly diabetic friendly)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 box chocolate chips (the original recipe didnt have this but I thought, what the hell, I have them, lets see what happens)
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Cream marge and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add cocoa and baking powder and salt, mix.
- Add half a cup of water, mix.
- Add 1 cup flour, mix.
- Add half a cup water, mix.
- Add 1 cup flour, mix.
- Add remaining water and flour and mix well.
- Add in the choc chips and combine gently.
- Pour into a greased large springform tin.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes. The longer you bake the less gooey the middle will be.
So, I got me a hankering for some fudge and after a quick google search came up with what looked like an easy and quick recipe and more importantly one I had all the ingredients for.
- 125g butter/marge
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- splash vanilla essence
- Before you get started, line a baking tin or tray with grease proof paper, this will help you to remove the fudge later without it sticking to your pan.
- Most importantly make sure that the microwavable dish you use is big, if you think your dish is big enough get a bigger one. Trust me, its a bitch trying to clean sticky fudge batter that has boiled over off your microwave.
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl and give a small mix.
- Pour the condensed milk on top of the sugar and butter, dont mix.
- Add your splash of vanilla essence.
- Place the bowl in the centre of the microwave and set it for 10 minutes.
- Watching to make sure the mixture doesnt boil over, stop the microwave (without resetting your count down) after 1 minute has passed and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- I used a wooden spoon to stir and then used a plastic spatula to scrape the mixture of the wooden spoon and back into the bowl.
- Place the bowl back in the microwave and let it cook for another minute.
- Stop the microwave and stir.
- Place the bowl back in the microwave and repeat above until the 10 minutes are up.
- I had to stop the countdown every 20 – 30 seconds after the 2nd minute because the mixture kept boiling up too high.
- Just keep an eye on your mixture and make sure it doesnt boil over.
- After the 10 minute count down is over spoon your mixture into your lined tin and refrigerate until set.
- Cut the cooled and set fudge into squares and enjoy!
*** I spread the fudge mixture too thin in the pan, next time I will use a smaller pan and make thicker fudge. Also, use a bit of spray and cook on the bottom of the pan before putting in the wax paper, might make it a bit easier to remove from the pan.