I’ve been ordering organic veggie boxes every two weeks from Maggie’s Garden for a few months now.
One of the things I love about the boxes is that I get to try out veggies that I wouldn’t normally buy. Like kohlrabi and zucchini.
I’ve received zucchini a few times now and every time I’ve grilled or fried them and then thought to myself, ‘That was nice but why didn’t I make zucchini bread?’
So this time I specifically ordered a kilo of zucchini so I could make bread. I searched for a sugar free recipe so that Paul could eat it too and what I came up with was delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup 'spoon for spoon' sweetener
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup grated unpeeled raw zucchini
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat eggs, oil, sweetener, water and vanilla until light and thick.
- Fold zucchini, then dry ingredients, into wet batter until just blended; add nuts.
- Pour into greased pan(s).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- This was really yummy served warm with melted butter. It was equally yummy served cold.