In honour of my birthday on Monday, here are 30 things you may or may not find interesting about me…
1. By the age of one I could speak in full sentences.
2. I was born bald and only really got hair around my second birthday.
3. I was an only child until just before my seventh birthday when Matt was born (Cliff was born 15 months to the day later).
4. I used to dance ballet, modern and tap.
5. I broke my nose in standard 5 jumping on a trampoline.
6. The only thing I hate more than snakes is lizards, they are snakes with legs…
7. I have a ‘thing’ for vampires.
8. I was that kid in primary school that everyone teased, sometimes affectionately.
9. I never finished varsity.
10. My first job was working in a toy store, I think I lasted a month.
11. I can sing, badly.
12. I could never be a vegetarian, I love meat too much.
13. I could have done better at school but I was too lazy.
14. I am very uncoordinated, I drop things a lot, ask Paul.
15. I tell people I am 5 foot but really Im shorter than that. Just.
16. I spent just over 8 months on a kibbutz in Israel.
17. I tell myself stories when Im lying in bed to put myself to sleep.
18. I almost always fall asleep after Paul.
19. I can read a novel in about 3 days, I don’t speed read.
20. I love salt!
21. I had naturally blonde hair as a child.
22. I have died my hair pretty much every colour except black.
23. I hate wearing make up.
24. I dont like touching anything fluffy (mohair, lint from the tumble dryer etc…)
25. I gag at the thought of wet paper.
26. I have been held at gunpoint in my own home, been smash and grabbed and been hijacked.
27. I LOVE South Africa.
28. One day I will live in Israel, maybe sooner rather than later.
29. I am beginning to be happy with who I am, I am a work in progress and thats ok.
30. The thing I love the most in the whole world is my family!
11 Replies to “30 things you didn’t know about me…”
31. You are a really good friend
32. You have a very strange sense of humour.
Awwww, thanks man… 🙂
PS – you can keep those to add on for when you turn 32!
hee hee you and i are more alike than i ever realised. X
Oh wow, I can see you in that first pic (some people don’t look anything like their baby pics).
That family pic of yours in stunning 🙂
And Jozikids is sooo happy you are writing for us and our community. Thank you and happy birthday
Really enjoyed reading that! Happy 30th b-day!
You have a very beautiful family, happy birthday for tomorrow. I may do a post like this my next birthday. :O)
I have died my hair pretty much every colour except blonde. 🙂