Yes, I know it’s usually 40 before 40. But I know me, that will never happen, even if its 40 small things.
I would be lying if I said I wasn’t freaked out. I am. Totally. Freaked. Out.
I don’t know why. I still feel like I’m in my 20’s. My skin thinks it’s in my teens. My body is definitely closer to 40 than I would like it to be. But all in all, I don’t *feel* like I’m almost 40.
So in pre-celebration, I think I will attempt a 6 before 40, 1 a month for the next 6 months. In no particular order…
- Get out and run. At least 2 or 3 times a week for 20 minutes or so. With the aim of running another 5km race at some point in the next 6 months.
- Get a new ear piercing, either an Upper Lobe, Helix or a Tragus, or maybe a combo.
- Get a massage. A full body, hour and a half, including reflexology, massage. I haven’t had one of those in years and I miss it.
- Buy a pair of high heels. I’ve not worn, nor owned a pair of heels in at least 6 years. I want a pair of really pretty, delicate, fancy heels.
- Spend a night at a hotel on my own. Just me, room service and my Kindle.
- Start my pallet herb garden on my balcony, those pallets have been sitting there for almost 2 years, its time!
So, those are my goals. Maybe not anything too exciting, but nothing that is out of my reach either.