1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Nothing really stands out. I guess I had a pretty standard year…
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kind of did… you can read about it here.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A whole lot of Twitter babies were born this year. I may not know their mommies IRL but I feel like we are all so close even if it is just in the computer 🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t venture out of South Africa.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A real holiday. At the coast or the Drakensberg.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
12 Dec 2010, the day Faith was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing our family with the birth of our daughter.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being a good enough friend. Letting friendships drift.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have never before been so sick with colds and flu as I was this year. It was horrible.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The first outfit I bought for Faith.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Aaron. His #aarontantrums have all but disappeared. He is really growing up.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Some of my family has made me want to move to a remote location where I dont have to deal with any of them ever.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, nappies, food, bum cream, food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2011?
Greenday’s 21 Guns
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder? Happier
- Thinner or fatter? Fatter, but it took me 9 months to put it on, pretty sure it wont take so long to lose 🙂
- Richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish Paul and I had spent more alone time together.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas
We spent it at home, we did spend the Monday after Boxing day with my mom.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
If by phone you mean BBM, then definitely Wendi and Roro 🙂
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes, with my beautiful baby girl.
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
So so so many, CSI NY, Haven, Lie to Me.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Again, so many books, I loved them all.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing really new.
28. What did you want and get?
A baby 😉
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Nothing really jumps out. Inception was pretty good though.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31! We had a picnic, it was great fun 🙂
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I cant think of anything.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Whale like??? No seriously, I wore what fit regardless of if it looked fashionable.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This guy…. Om nom nom nom 😉
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
None, I am so not into politics.
37. Who did you miss?
My brother Matthew, my brother-in-law Asher and his girlfriend Megan.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
So many people, mostly from Twitter.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Take each day as it comes.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“Here comes the sun…” – George Harrison, from The Beatles’ album, Abbey Road, 1969