I have a weakness for the chocolate covered peanut butter balls from Moo-z Bros.
I also have no money at the moment because UIF are pusswanks!
What I do have are the ingredients to make peanut butter balls…
I googled recipes and found this one on the Rice Krispies site.
Of course I didnt really stick to it 100% but I think they came out pretty well.
Here is my recipe (I once again forgot to take pics of the process…)
- 1 cup ( I used half a jar) smooth peanut butter (they use crunchy but smooth works well)
- ¼ cup marge
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate morsels (I used 1 85gms bar of bitter sweet chocolate, I should have used 2)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening/Holsum (thanks @Saaleha) ( I didnt have any so I used margerine)
- 54 mini paper cups (I used 2 baking trays covered with wax paper)
- Beat peanut butter, marge and sugar with an electric beater until well mixed. I used a fork and elbow grease as I didnt want to wake the kids up, next time I will use an electric beater!
- Add rice krispies, mixing well. At this point I want to say that I would have crushed the rice krispies a bit before adding them in but I think if you use the electric beaters it might just crush them for you as you mix, I will definitely try this next time.
- Taking a teaspoon scoop up a small dollop of the mixture and shape into a ball, they then say to place the ball into the paper cup, I just plopped them onto the wax paper baking trays.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave or on double boiler.
- Spoon one teaspoon of chocolate mixture over each ball. My mixture was a bit thick, perhaps with shortening it would have been thinner, and it didnt pour very easily. Also, if you dont use the paper cups I would suggest dipping the balls into the chocolate to coat them (which I didnt do).
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
All in all they came out quite well. I cant stop stuffing my face!
I would definitely prefer the krispies to be a little finer and less ‘lumpy’ in the mixture and I will either use the paper cups or dip the whole ball into chocolate next time. I will also be getting some Holsum as I think the texture will be better for the chocolate.