I picked up a 1.2kg turkey breast the other day. After asking the internets for their favourite recipes I decided to make a roast.
Roast Turkey Breast
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- Skinless, boneless turkey breast
- Red wine (I used a merlot that had been given to us as a gift)
- Spices, whatever you have in the rack (I used a shishkebab seasoning, since its all I had that was pesadich)
- Tomato paste
- Hot water
- In a roasting dish place your turkey breast and sprinkle with the spice(s). Use as much or as little as you like, this is to your taste.
- Drizzle a little bit of oil over the top of the breast.
- Splash a little of the wine over the breast.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- While the turkey is in the oven, mix the tomato paste, a bit more wine and some hot water in a bowl to make a sauce. The more sauce you make the more sauce you will have when its done cooking.
- After 20 minutes remove the roasting dish from the oven and uncover the turkey.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey and return the roasting dish to the oven, uncovered.
- Baste the turkey with the sauce every 10 minutes or so for another 40 minutes.
- The hour of cooking time above is perfect for a 1kg breast. Add 5 – 10 minutes cooking time per 100g over 1kg.
- Remove from the oven and cover loosely with tin foil. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the roasting dish and carve like you would a meat roast. Return the slices to the sauce and keep warm until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with rice or quinoa. I used black quinoa and it was delicious
- This amount of turkey served with grains and a salad was enough to feed 8 people.
- We had leftovers and ate them warmed up the next day for lunch, it was even better than the night before!
A Bit of This A Bit of That https://gnatj.com/