My mommy in law sent me a recipe for pumpkin bread and last night I finally managed to make it.
The original recipe called for 3 cups of sugar and white flour. Since Paul is diabetic I switched things around a bit so he could also enjoy it.
When I started writing up this post I realised that I had only taken a quick picture of the breads before going into the oven.
The loaf I brought to work went so quickly I didn’t have a chance to take a picture either. So I asked Paul to take a quick picture and send it to me.
Why I was surprised when he didn’t just send a quick cell phone pic is beyond me. I know better.
What follows is the gorgeous styled photo shoot he did.
And now for the recipe.
Yummy, sweet pumpkin bread
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 2 cups cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar replacement (original recipe calls for 3 cups sugar)
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 and 1/3 cup white flour
- 2 cups wholewheat flour (original recipe was all white flour)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (I didn't have so I left it out)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I didn't actually measure, I just poured a whole lot in)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds since that's what I had on hand)
- Heat your oven to 180C.
- Prepare 2 bread tins.
- Cook your pumpkin and then drain and mash it.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Split the mixture between the 2 tins.
- I kept a little back and used my 4 teeny tiny little miniature bread tins, just for fun.
- Bake for between 45 minutes to an hour. I stuck with Hilary's suggestion of an hour (I put the mini tins in for the last 20 minutes).
- Enjoy hot out the oven with melted butter.
- Its equally as good, cold the next day.
A Bit of This A Bit of That https://gnatj.com/