Its no secret that I love cooking and baking.
I also love kitchen gadgets. From small gadgets like the all in one apple slicer & corer to the larger gadgets like mixers and blenders.
Here are a few of my favourite gadgets in no particular order:
- Apple slicer and corer. I use this almost daily to slice apples for the kids.
- Nespresso machine. Also gets used daily.
- My new slow cooker. I’ve only made a few things in it and I’ve yet to leave it on during the day while I’m at work, but I really love it so far. Its made cooking for a Friday night so much less stressful.
- My chopper/dicer. I bought this little gadget for ₪20 and its a life saver when I want to dice up veggies really quickly into small bits. It also ensures I don’t dice my fingers along with the veggies.
- The Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker. This little hand held mortar and pestle is so much fun to use. I often find that some of the dried herbs I have are too big, and if the pieces are too big then the children complain that there are sticks in their food. This gadget grinds all the herbs in a few seconds.
- Waffle machine. We have a small waffle machine that gets used at least once a month if not more. It makes 2 square waffles at a time so its a bit slow but Saturday night dinners are never more fun than waffle dinners.
- Braun hand blender. We were given this nifty little gadget when we got married (almost 11 years ago) and its never let me down. I use it to mince onions and carrots and other veggies, I use the whisk attachment when I make (waffle) batters, I use the immersion blender when I make soup. Best gadget ever!
This weekend a friend gave us a halogen air cooker which I cant wait to try out. Apparently you can do everything from a full roast meal to baking a cake in it. I’m pretty sure this is also going to become one of my favourite gadgets.
The one thing missing from my kitchen is a stand mixer.
Seriously, you wont believe this but as I finished typing that last sentence my boss walked into our office and said “Who needs a stand mixer?”
She had found a Kenwood Chef Classic being sold for half price on a ‘daily deal’ type site. So I have now bought myself a stand mixer!
I cannot wait for it to arrive!!
What gadgets can you not live without? And what gadgets have you bought but never use?
One Reply to “Kitchen Gadgets”