On Thursday I was given a bag of tomatoes. They were almost too ripe.
I asked online for some suggestions of what to do with them and shakshuka jumped out at me.
I love shakshuka. Its one of my favourite Israeli dishes. And its an all in one pan cook and serve recipe so very little washing up!
Write a review
- Oil for frying
- 1 x onion, diced
- 1 x red pepper, diced
- 8 x tomatos, diced
- Spices (usually cayenne pepper or something a little spicy)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 x eggs
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. You can split the ingredients into two smaller pans if you want to serve the shakshuka in personal servings.
- Throw in the onion and saute until golden.
- Add the red pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and garlic and stir until its all mixed together. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture starts to reduce.
- Add spices.
- Once the mixture is cooked through crack eggs directly into the sauce and cook through.
- Serve with fresh bread or pita to mop up the sauce.
A Bit of This A Bit of That https://gnatj.com/