I have been on leave since Wednesday last week as our office has closed for Pesach and all the public holidays. Over the Easter weekend I got to spend all day with Aaron. I love it!! It makes me really want to be a stay at home mom (SAHM). I enjoy having the time to myself when our nanny is here but I am loving being there for Aaron all day.
We have played soccer in the garden and emptied the dogs food dishes (and then fed the dogs food off the ground), we have watched CBeebies until I want cry from it, we have cuddled and tickled and chased each other, we bathed together, I got to watch him feed himself yogurt and then feed the dogs yogurt all by himself. Did I mention I got lots and lots of cuddles?
I know I cant afford to be a full time SAHM but I am definitely going to ask my boss if we can work on a half day plan for me. This will be the third time I request this so I am not that confident its going to happen, but, if I dont ask I cant get…
I got the original recipe from an acquaintance of Pauls.
I modified it out of neccesity. Here goes…
6 large squares of matza
1 tin tomato onion mix
500gm mozzarella, grated
1 tub cottage cheese
Any vegatables you like (I used baby marrow, butternut, pumpkin and patty pans)
Salt, pepper and italian spices
Cook all vegatables (dont burn them!) Soak the matza pieces in boiling water for 30 seconds. Beat the egg and mix in the salt, pepper and spices. In a lasagna dish, cover the bottom with a third of the tomato onion mix. Dip the matza pieces in the egg mixture to coat them and lay them two slices thick over the tomato mixture. Layer a third of the veg and a third of each cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are finished. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the top. Bake at 180 Celsius for about 30 min. Enjoy!
It seems my domestic quota has run out. I was cooking the pumpkin and butternut chunks for our Matza Lasagna. I was watching TV. All of a sudden we smell burning. Lets just say I spent the last 15 minutes scrubbing burnt butternut and pumpkin off my ‘non-stick’ pot.
I managed to rescue some of the veg, lets just hope the lasagna turns out half way decent.
‘Matza’ and ‘Lasagna’ are not words one usually hears together so Im not entirely sure it would be my fault if this didn’t turn out ok…
ExMi and Tertia both posted their 10 things recently (or not so recently, I probably just read them recently) and I thought I would have a go…
In no particular order:
1. He ‘gets’ me! He gets my sense of humor and my eccentricities. I never have to explain myself, well, very rarely.
2. We ‘speak’ in gestures, with just a few hand signs and facial expressions we can have a whole conversation.
3. He is a geek. A complete and utter nerd. I love that about him, I love that he is so into his computer and gadgets, it drives me nuts sometimes but everyday he teaches me something new.
4. Sci-fi! We both LOVE sci-fi! We clicked on our first date when we discussed the utter uselessness of Star Trek Nemesis and how it really sullied the Star Trek franchise. I also love the fact that we have watched each and every episode of Stargate SG1 and Stargate: Atlantis together and are eagerly anticipating the new Stargate: Universe series.
5. He puts up with all my shit. And there is a lot of shit!
6. He doesnt let me get away with my shit.
7. He gave me Aaron… He made this utterly unique and amazing child. With me!
8. He understands and totally agrees with me when I say his mom is ‘The’ mother-in-law. He sticks up for me and takes my side always.
9. His genuine affection for my grandparents. They can be difficult and tiresome but he never shrugs them off, he always makes the time to help them out or just to listen to what they have to say.
10. His absolute love for me. I know that I take him for granted sometimes and I can kick myself for that. I am so lucky to have a man that loves me so much!
Aaron is standing in his cot screaming… He is so tired but he doesnt want to lie down or drink his bottle or be held. So he is in his cot crying. Hopefully he will get tired of the crying and lie down and sleep. Mommy needs the nap!